"You didn't give me these arms, but you gave them a family to hold.
You didn't give me my body but you've truly shaped my soul. Your love has given me wings and how my spirit soars. Knowing that I always will be yours. Forever and for always I am yours."

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Revved up for the Pinewood Derby


After all these years of watching his siblings take their turn, Ammon FINALLY gets a chance to race a car down that fascinating and spectacular track.


Waiting his turn was intolerable and exhausting. But HE DID IT! And there was not a soul there that wasn't absolutely certain that Ammon was having the time of his life. Each time his car went down that track he squealed, giggled and danced. Way to go Ammie!




But it was just a pinch sad for my heart to see him with the boys his own age and clearly see how unique my son is and how different the other boys feel that he is. They tried and they were kind but at the same time, they don't know how to be with him. Ammon truly does not understand that he is different and that others view him that way. He has a full and overflowing self esteem and is positive that he is the best kid in the entire galaxy! Smart kid!!

No comments:

Post a Comment