"You didn't give me these arms, but you gave them a family to hold.
You didn't give me my body but you've truly shaped my soul. Your love has given me wings and how my spirit soars. Knowing that I always will be yours. Forever and for always I am yours."

Saturday, April 28, 2012

FREEDOM on wheels and water

Our dear neighbors have a little dune buggy that they let a covetous and highly intrigued Jaeya DRIVE.  Can I just say that this was likely one of THE MOST exciting and liberating moments of her life.  Of her own free will and direction, she was able to take herself where she wanted to go without depending on another person.  She can't even get to the toilet herself.  But in that hotrod she could FLY.




Jaeya got to giggling so hard I thought she might pass out.  She begged for us to go inside and get Meisyn so she could have a ride too.  Caden did the honors of teaching her how to drive.  Thank you neighbors!  You gave my girls a night they will remember ALL THEIR LIVES.




After a week of practicing swimming in the tub, Jaeya was finally ready to challenge the P O O L.  She did it!  She is now officially a water baby.  The Ellison children are truly one of a kind and I am tremendously proud of their ability to welcome others into our family and help them feel like they belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment