"You didn't give me these arms, but you gave them a family to hold.
You didn't give me my body but you've truly shaped my soul. Your love has given me wings and how my spirit soars. Knowing that I always will be yours. Forever and for always I am yours."

Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Odd Life....

We took our children to see The Odd Life of Timothy Green.  I did not understand before we went how much this would be OUR story.  Our children too are "something unexpected, our little miracles".  We got a great laugh out of Timothy asking the other children, "So you all came from your mother's bellies?  How was that?"  There was plenty to make us smile.

There was much to make us brave.  You see, Timothy has legs that are different.  At first his parents felt that different was something to be ashamed of and to hide.  Thankfully, he teaches all around him that different is just, well,  different.  By the middle of the movie Jaeya was begging for us to buy it.  She fully grasped the message that our bodies don't make us who we are and what we can give.  Jaeya's body is very different.

We clearly saw Ammon like qualities in little Timothy as he raised his hands in the air to breathe in the middle of a soccer game.  While it was "definitely not normal" it was still a very good thing.

But as is true life, there was so much to make us cry.  Sitting next to Meisyn and holding her hand, I gasped as little Timonthy's leaves started to change.  His literal autumn was coming.  Just as I have been dreading ours.  I quickly guessed what was to happen and it brought such sorrow to my heart anticipating the end.  Meisyn would pat my hand assurring me that it would be okay.  As we saw where Timothy gifted all his leaves I wondered where Meisyn would gift hers?  Ammon?  While those leaves couldn't be pasted back onto the trees from which they fell, they could be touched and treasured as the timeless influence of brave Timothy.

http://disney.go.com/the-odd-life-of-timothy-green/

No comments:

Post a Comment