"You didn't give me these arms, but you gave them a family to hold.
You didn't give me my body but you've truly shaped my soul. Your love has given me wings and how my spirit soars. Knowing that I always will be yours. Forever and for always I am yours."

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Our Maiden Post On Our New Family Blog

Welcome to our inaugural post of the Ellison Escapades.  We are a crazy, chaotic, charismatic family created through marriage and adoption.  We are a family comprised of Dad, Mom, and 15 amazing children.  Half are now grown up and living on their own though it seems as one leaves the nest another one (or two) will join it.  We have been approved for the adoption of two delightful, creative, bright, artistic new daughters and anticipate them to arrive home in the spring of 2012.

We christen this blog with the lyrics of a beloved family adoption song "Yours".

"You didn't give me your eyes, or the color of your hair.
I've climbed the family tree and found there's no one like me there.
Sometimes I've felt like an alien that came from foreign shores
But look inside your heart you'll see, I'm yours.

You didn't give me these feet but you placed them on the right path.
You didn't give me this voice but you taught it how to laugh.
You didn't give me these hands but you taught them to open doors.
Look at who I am, you'll see...I'm yours.

Do you think the ones who gave me life will ever know
The gift they gave to me by letting go?
I hope that somehow heaven will reveal the depth of gratitude I'll always feel.

You didn't give me these arms but you gave them a family to hold.
You didn't give me my body but you've truly shaped my soul.
Your love has given me wings and how my spirit soars
Knowing that I always will be yours.  Forever and for always
I    AM    YOURS.

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing. Congratulations on your additions! I look forward to following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the poem! I remember seeing your dear children on another blog you once had and tried for a long time to find it . We adopted a child with FH and I had remembered you did also. Glad to come here and see you again!
    BLessings,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete