"You didn't give me these arms, but you gave them a family to hold.
You didn't give me my body but you've truly shaped my soul. Your love has given me wings and how my spirit soars. Knowing that I always will be yours. Forever and for always I am yours."

Saturday, March 10, 2012

HAPPY 12TH BIRTHDAY JAEYA!!

Today in China is our Jaeya's 12th birthday. Yes, we are missing it, but they are saving the party until we visit the SWI. Her family might not be THERE but we are there will her in spirit and I believe she can feel us.

Last year on this day, I did not know that she was my daughter. She was a child that was on the CHI assigned list and one to whom I had become strongly attached. We worked so hard to find a family for her. There was none. Until, one day in April 2011 it became clear to me that Jaeya's family had been cheering for her all along.

So, I repost the message I sent to her last year and smile and what had already been set into motion by the adoption fates that I did not yet understand. Her CHI privacy name was Pamela, in honor of an adoptive mother who saw her sitting in the SWI and began advocating for her. Without Pamela there would be no Jaeya.

Last year's birthday post:

"A hearty happy, happy birthday our spritely wee Pamela!! We wish for you
health, mobility, hope, love, and FAMILY. May this next year bring you all
these blessings.

Tiny precious Pamela. We know that your bones ache sometimes. We know you get
tired. We know you watch the other children play as you sit on your little
chair. We know you try your best to be mobile using your chair for support or
that walker which is MUCH TOO BIG for you my sweet sparrow. There is a tiny
walker just your size in a box that I am shipping to China for you. This will
be so fun and much easier to use. We can't wait for you to get it. That is my
birthday gift for you. We hope that it opens a new option of mobility and
stability. You have so many things to do at 11 years old!!!

My son Caden has the same fragile bones as you do. He's had many operations and
too many broken bones to count. But he has had surgery for his legs to put in
titanium rods that spiral longer as he grows. This makes his bones much
stronger and straight. Amazing isn't it!! He also goes to Shriner's hospital
every four months for an IV treatment of the drug pamidronate. I'm sure you've
had many IV's before so you could certainly handle this. It makes his bones so
much stronger. And the aching goes away and he is filled with energy. Its like
a miracle.

We want to see this miracle for you too. There is no pamidronate treatment in
China for you. We know this is something that you need here in America.

We wish more than anything to bring you a family, that they might be able to sit
with you and hear you sing and chatter. They will learn from your positive
attitude and stubborn determination to be happy even when you hurt.

Your mind is bright. You love people. You try, and try, and try again. And
that is what we promise for you. That we try, and try and try again to find a
family that can bring you HOME.

With all the love in my heart,

Stefani Ellison"

No comments:

Post a Comment