"You didn't give me these arms, but you gave them a family to hold.
You didn't give me my body but you've truly shaped my soul. Your love has given me wings and how my spirit soars. Knowing that I always will be yours. Forever and for always I am yours."

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Meisyn has her MRI

We don't know why Meisyn has no muscle strength from the trunk down.  We don't know why her floppy legs are always cold and bluish.  We don't know why her hands are contracted.  We aren't sure what is causing her severe scoliosis.  We had an MRI to see if we can find some answers.  We are waiting for the results.

What I DO know is that God is good.  Meisyn shouldn't be continent and able to toilet herself.  I know that there are opposites to all things.  As horrendous as Ammon is with an MRI, Meisyn is angelic.  She was trusting and the model patient.  I was shocked by her compliancy.  So were the nurses.  Meisyn is so positive of her exquisiteness that when I explained she was going to the doctor so he could take pictures of her insides with a special camera, she squealed and told me the doctor would certainly think her insides were PRETTY.

I couldn't help but get emotional as she came into recovery. I am blessed to be her mother but I couldn't help but feel the loss that it should be her birth parents that had this gift.  I can take my child to the hospital and have insurance and payment plans help me AFTER the fact.  In China, all the money needs to be paid upfront before you are able to go in the door.  Its just so sad.  The circumstances of her abandonment tells my heart that this was the only choice they felt they could make.  I will do all I can to make sure our child gets the best of medical options.







1 comment:

  1. I hope that the MRI has some good answers and solutions to your little treasure's health problems. We are a new CHI family, in process to adopt Amber Jo, and waiting for pre-approval on little Aspen, and that is how we found your blog. Your new little girls sure are darling little girls, and we hope and pray for good answers and help for them with their health challenges.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete