"You didn't give me these arms, but you gave them a family to hold.
You didn't give me my body but you've truly shaped my soul. Your love has given me wings and how my spirit soars. Knowing that I always will be yours. Forever and for always I am yours."

Saturday, September 15, 2012

SHE WAS HERE

I feel sad. Yesterday I was talking to a woman who just lost her beloved 20 year old niece. The child was never able to walk or talk. She had epilepsy too. A respiratory illness took this child. As you can imagine with what Ammie and Meisyn face this really haunts me.

Speaking with aunt she shared how much joy this child has brought into their lives and that while they should be glad that she is no longer suffering, they will miss her so very, very much. Today is the funeral.

While I was out this morning running errands I overhead a group of women I didn't know who were talking about this.

Woman 1: Oh such a blessing really. What a pitiful life for this child.
 Woman 2: Yes a blessing. Such a burden for her family.

If I could actually talk about Ammon and Meisyn without sobbing I would have shared what a bright star this child was in the lives of those who knew her. What a gift she gave to all those who shared her life. To this new angel and her family I give my honor and share my sorrow. This child mattered. This life changed the world in such a blessed way. SHE WAS HERE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i41qWJ6QjPI

No comments:

Post a Comment